Friday, October 23, 2009

Pizza and movie nights...it's good to be poor!

This Friday was our back to tradition "make our own pizza, popcorn, and movie night." Alan makes the best pizza dough in the world--or maybe I think that because I don't have to do it:) But really, I do love his dough. We made a classic sausage, bacon, and onion pizza, watched Sydney White, and had caramel popcorn that was divine!!! I loved it all so much, I think especially because Alan and I haven't seen each other in what feels like a whole week. Between my work schedule, his study groups, classes, and homework--and my new calling, We have seen each other for about 30 minutes each day this week... I missed him! Tomorrow should be good, as we are going to look for a suit for him. His trip to NYC is in just two weeks! I'm so excited for him, and I know he's going to do great!!! Here's our step by step guide to making a perfect date night pizza....












step 1: have a cooking savvy husband make the dough












step 2: get your toppings set...


















step 3: roll out dough, top, and bake that bad boy!














step 4: Enjoy!





As for me, I was called to be Relief Society President, and the week has been full of learning and growth... Things will definitely be interesting and challenging, but I am certain that the Lord will help me, and I'm especially grateful for such support from Alan. He really does give me all I need. Here's a picture from the day I got my calling, and a few of our little home. We don't have a lot, but there's plenty of love to fill it!!! I'll take better pictures later.

The day I got called...



Our little kitchen

The almond colored stove is definitely a must have


Our kitchen table with the sweet flowers from Alan...still alive!!!


Well, aside from the rooms, that's pretty much our entire place...come and visit!
It's been a crazy week, and we're glad it's somewhat on pause now- but busy is good for people like us. The only that could make it better would be to have you here! Have a good week, and know we love you. No new news as of now except that we are working hard at interviewing skills as both of us will have some coming up- any tips on what to wear? Let us know:0)


1 comment:

  1. Just as an FYI...I am so so irritated using this blog!!! I work forever trying to get the formatting right, and then every time I post it, it changes the formatting on me--I promise I am not an idiot! I don't know how to make it just do what I want!!! Help?

    ReplyDelete