Saturday, November 5, 2011

For how tired and lonely I may seem... isn't Marion, Indiana just so pretty?! This is the 4 mile trail I run on daily. It is my sanity these days. I wish I could tell you more...
I never claimed to be an attractive runner....

I thought you might get a little jealous of my housing arrangements.... yes, that's all of it...
This is my charming chair made of blue vinyl....I am pretty sure bare butts have been where I sit to study.


As you have now experienced what my life consists of these days, there isn't a whole lot else to share. I have been on call about every other day, and have had a lot of great experiences. I have stood in as first assist on 3 different C-sections, which of course made me desperately want a child... They are so stinking cute! But then they start crying, and that reminds me of how not cute they can be:) ANyhow, aside from C-sections, I have scrubbed in for multiple ortho cases(total knees, patellar fractures, ankles/digits/tibia), a few abscess drainages, hysterectomies, D&C, tubal ligations, and lots of plastic surgery cases, which I have loved. It is pretty amazing the way you can change someone's life with reconstructive surgery. I know the cosmetic side of plastics has something of a negative name, but there is something so gratifying about the reconstruction of someone's face or body and watching them walk with a new confidence and outlook on life. I have been somewhat surprised at the number of breast mass excisions and mastectomies. It really opened my eyes to just how prevalent breast cancer really is. In a strange way, surgery really inspires me to take better care of my body. So... with that--off I go for a little run and dinner. But, oh how I wish I could make my own dinner! Well, 4 more weeks. Till then, Love you!

1 comment:

  1. So I had this whole awesome comment written in here and then Brock turned off my computer and everything was lost. Anyway it's beautiful where you are, we miss you so much, and I hope everything is going well. We're all good here and if you ever get a second to chat call me. You're the bestie I've always wanted :)

    ReplyDelete