Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Home for the Holidays part I

Wow. Finally a chance to breathe, right? Christmas and New Years were a blast with so much family here to share with us, but wow, what a busy couple of weeks! We finally  finished with the kitchen (aside from painting the ceiling and the drapes I have yet to make.ahem.), and were able to enjoy using it during the holidays. We LOVE our home. I love everything about it and can't believe how lucky we are to have it. Of course, it has been so tempting to buy everything under the sun/sale signs in order for it to look 'just so', but we try to remind ourselves we will be here a while and want to take our time furnishing it with items we love. It was so awesome for our first Christmas here, to fill our house with lots of voices and children playing. We had such a blast! First the kitchen:

 under the cabinet lighting... LOVE!


 Fixtures for the lights and the knobs and handles all placed. 

Our freshly painted walls... It's a gray with greenish undertones. MUCH better than that awful brown, I would say... It really makes the space look huge! 


I know it isn't incredibly decorated yet, but I am sure I will take more pictures later. There are so many neat features to this kitchen, and I sure feel like the luckiest girl alive to get to call it Mine.  


Like I said, I am sure more pictures will follow, especially when I put up my drapes. I am really excited for the splash of personality and color it will add to my already favorite room in the house. But for now... Welcome to my Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment