Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Real Trees... Win.

I grew up with fake trees. (Alan is too classy to say 'fake' and says they are Artificial trees.) This year, we wanted a pre-lit artificial tree, but they are sooo expensive. So I thought, 'hey, why don't we just put up a real tree this year and we'll hit up the after Christmas sales on the pre lit after!' That is just what we did. The problem is, I think I fell in love with Real Trees!!! We found the most beautiful tree that fits so perfectly in our house, and as a matter of fact, I have yet to remove it because it is just so beautiful. Also, I never went to the after Christmas sales because I'm sold that for at least one more year we can get a real one...
I will say, however, the problem with picking the perfect tree is that I honestly felt bad leaving others behind. Pathetic, right? I really did. Darn near teared up as we left the others that "weren't good enough"... maybe were a little too short, or not full enough, or too skinny or .... Man, I felt so guilty. All that grief that doesn't exist when you pull the thing out of a box! Well, the guilt was short lived because that tree has lit up our downstairs for a good month, and I have enjoyed every second of it. I love Christmas trees. I love the glowing elegance and the peace it brings to a home. I love the beauty and grace, and yes, I discovered I love the smell.  So, here's to our first real tree... Sniff. (We try not to name things we have intentions of throwing away. So she has no name. But I LOVE her all the same!)

I love my lumberjack husband.


Yea, the house may be a mess, but we were busy having FUN!


 Warm and fuzzy inside. Come on, you know you feel it, too!




1 comment:

  1. It was a perfect tree! Glad you are converted! We had so much fun being there with you for the Holidays! Thanks again for having us!

    ReplyDelete