Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You're The Getaway Car

Well, I just wanted to share about our big 1 Year Anniversary that just passed. We had a blast! So much fun that I forgot to take pictures! I worked a long day on Friday..the 16th...in case you needed a reminder. (I didn't know it was our anniversary until my mom reminded me the week of...oops!) Anyhow, here's the breakdown of what all happened:
1. Alan picks me up for lunch in his NEON Lime Green t-shirt. --This is the same shirt he was wearing when we met.
2. He took me to Taco Bell--where we met while he was wearing his Neon Lime Green t shirt...He was bald at the time, a little chubby from a good semester, and made me laugh...a lot.
3. Took me back to work
4. I decided to walk home after work around 6...It was beautiful
5. I was walking by the park--he met me and walked me home.
6. Before we got home, there was a picnic basket placed conveniently by a tree. We drank sparkling cider out of our 'fancy' glasses
7. He said we had reservations...He lied.
8. We enjoyed a lovely meal at Olive Garden (where we celebrated every week's anniversary for like a month after we were married. Ate so much!), We ate at an Italian Restaurant the night he proposed...
9. On the Drive home, We stopped by the walkway around the River by the Idaho Falls Temple
10. CD--Michael Buble's "Everything", Foxtrot, bare feet on grass, and my Husband of one year...Dancing by the river. It was Incredible.

So there are the ten steps to happiness and a perfect/inexpensive/thoughtful celebration of having made it a year. Our next goal is 2:0)

He let me know he tried to do something that would represent each of the 3 phases of our relationship. Our First Meeting, Our Engagement, and our Marriage...Let's be honest now, I think I've got a keeper! And I love him. The End

1 comment: