Sunday, February 12, 2012

And it Keeps Getting Better

Don't worry.... I will back up soon and get some pics up from Christmas and so on... But while I have a minute, I thought I would quickly make note of our Valentine Weekend Getaway and remind you all why you are jealous of our marriage:) Ha...kidding, of course. I do hope everyone feels about their husbands the way I do about mine, and I feel so blessed and grateful for all the great memories we are able to make together. He is The Best!
On Friday I finished with Pediatrics, spent like 10 hours on campus with testing and lectures, etc., then babysat for some friends. On Saturday morning, I woke up to Alan's sweet serenade of some made up song, and a smile as he told me we needed to get up and get ready for a trip. He told me to pack my slippers, my swimming suit, flip flops, and something nice to wear for dinner. We got all packed and ready to go. We drove into the city and caught a cab from our hook up of a parking spot-- and off we went... to a very lovely hotel.
We stayed at The Drake, one of Chicago's most historic hotels. It was absolutely GORGEOUS! We had a lakeside view, a massive King size bed, and for the entire weekend we Lived in those amazing long white robes... It was heaven. We went to dinner at the very first (as in the Original) Morton's Steakhouse, and then we walked around downtown. We spent the rest of the evening in our white robes playing games and watching a cute movie. When I woke up this morning, I couldn't believe it... I was completely sprawled out with plenty of room to spare:) We got some breakfast and checked out Legoland as well as the American Girl Place store... Did anyone else have one growing up? They have the most incredible store with all sorts of new things. I had no idea the world of dolls had become so advanced.
Anyhow, we walked down Michigan Ave and made our way back to the car as we ended our magical weekend trip. We arrived home in time to celebrate our good friend's 30th birthday... "Dessert night" provided by his sweet/awesome Wife, Amy.




Overall, I would have to say we made some great memories this weekend and I hope you all get to make some of your own too. Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. How romantic! You deserve it. Isn't The Drake where they filmed My Best Friend's Wedding? Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! I'm glad you guys got to relax a bit together! Miss You! ♥

    ReplyDelete