Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Road Trippin' with Mom and Dad

When mom and dad came up for Graduation, we had the awesome opportunity to hang out together 24/7 for like a week! It was really fun and, actually, a chance to see what dad is like when he is for real vacationing...you know, Vacating Life. He's pretty fun:) I feel like I've really only ever known him working, and even at Christmas or something, life didn't stop going just because we were there. He's always had so much on his plate. BUT not this time! We Loved getting a chance to talk/eat/talk/explore/eat/eat/eat/eat.... You get it.

We went into Downtown Chicago and took a double decker tour bus (awesome), and basically just had a blast. We wanted to stay one more night on Saturday so we could see the last fireworks of the summer on Navy Pier that night, but when we woke up, it was raining and gloomy, so we went to lunch and took off toward Charlotte. STOP. When I say we went to lunch, I mean I wish I had a picture! We went to Honey Jam Cafe and our table was completely covered in Food! Mom and Dad had four entrees between them and every last bite was delish!!! I got my bananas foster french toast and it certainly did not disappoint. LOVE.  Here are some pics from our trip into the city.

 The tour included a free goodie bag from CandyLicious and although the bag only included a lemon drop and tootsie roll(true story), we thought the store was Incredible! Dad was so stinking excited to find all sorts of candies from when he was a kid, and we all walked out with massive bags of sugar...

 How can you not love a face like that?! He was in candy heaven.


 This is probably my favorite thing Ever! If you can't see it, it says "Girth Control" on the box and is labeled exactly like birth control and is pure chocolate....So funny!


 aaah, the bean. How could we not?!





 I adore this picture. We had such a great water taxi ride back on the river, and such a fun evening all together. It was such a perfect day.

We began our drive to NC only after jetting back to the hotel because Somebody forgot her wedding ring....dundundun. That was me. No worries, we got it and all was well with the world. We drove off and the fun began! We got a little nervous on some of the detours dad wanted to take to check out the areas in places like Kentucky or Tennessee... and a new rule was made. Wherever we went needed to be paved:) I was sure we were going to get stuck in the middle of the woods and some gypsy clan was going to cook us up for dinner. But alas, we made it. It was a really fun trip and mom got me super addicted to slushies. I mean, like at every stop! We could not have had a better time with them and it was seriously so much fun to get to hang out with no obligations. Still, I think all of us were ready to stop living out of suitcases and when the time came to say goodbye, we were ready to get back to normal life. Especially since we'll all be together again at Christmas! Yeah! Thanks for such a wonderful trip mom and dad! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics! Jackson and Jake did too, they were very excited to see papa lew... it's been a long time since they've seen him! Keep it comin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet family! How fun! :) I am also glad for a blog update :) {Ps-can you teach me how to do my hair?} :)

    ReplyDelete