Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fun Facts

PA School--Week 3



Did you know...


Ring Around the Rosies...A Pocket full of Posies...Ashes, ashes, we all fall down!


Is actually a little rhyme about the Bubonic Plague! Who knew?! Apparently, the ring describes the appearance of a 'ring' on affected people's skin. People believed it was spread through the air, so they carried flowers in the coat pockets to breathe in as they walked around...Hmmm....




This just in...



I will be providing "fun facts" and a picture to describe them as I go along in my educational career.




No pics, but Barbers were actually the first surgeons. The red stripe down the pole resembled blood spilling down someone's arm as a special procedure was done known as blood letting. I didn't know cutting hair held such prestige! It's possible excessive blood letting aided in the early death of our dear George Washington.




Life is tough. I did pretty bad on my first exams--but I am getting the hang of How to Learn the material. I feel like I knew just about everything about everything for these past exams, but I barely passed, because I knew too much about the 'wrong stuff!' At least I passed...




As our special treat at the end of week 2, and as a little help for my test on Monday, last Saturday we went with some friends of ours, Kyle (2nd year Med Student) and his wife, Arielle (prego 7 mos:0)--to the Chicago Temple. It was a blast. Maybe that's why I feel ok about my scores. I know I did all I could, and I definitely know the info--Things will be fine. That's what I love about the temple. The peace that comes with attending. It's gorgeous--here are the highlights...






A perfect little distraction from the world...





Looks kind of like Dallas, huh?








1 comment:

  1. It's funny... I had this blog background when we first started... hope school becomes more bearable! I'm so proud of you! Really! And I love your little tips, very fun to read!

    ReplyDelete